Dohyun Kim focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, private equity, securities and general corporate law matters. Ms. Kim regularly advises public and private companies in a variety of U.S. and cross-border corporate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions, investments, joint ventures, restructurings and financings. Ms. Kim has represented clients across a wide variety of industries, including consumer products, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, technology and communications.
Examples of Ms. Kim’s representations include:
- JAB Holding Company in its $18.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc.; the acquisitions of Einstein Noah Restaurant Group and Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Inc.; and the formation of Jacobs Douwe Egberts (JDE), a coffee products joint venture, combining the coffee businesses of D.E Master Blenders B.V. 1753 and Mondelēz International, Inc.
- Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. in its $2.8 billion pending sale to Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- Capgemini S.E. in its $4 billion acquisition of iGATE Corporation
- ASML Holding N.V. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Cymer, Inc.
- Fintrax Group in its $257 million acquisition of Planet Payment, Inc.
Ms. Kim is actively involved in Skadden’s training and recruiting programs. She serves on the firm’s summer associate committee and the steering committee for the Asian & Middle Eastern Affinity Network, and provides pro bono legal services to nonprofit organizations in the arts, including The DreamYard Project, Inc.